Brad Found Elected New Ontario 4-H Council President
(Posted April 20, 2017)
ROCKWOOD, ON (April 20, 2017) – The Ontario 4-H Council is pleased to announce that Brad Found, of Durham East 4-H Association has been elected as the new Ontario 4-H Council President. The election took place at 4-H Ontario’s Conference and Annual Meeting in March. Found previously held the role of Vice President and will replace outgoing President Tammy Oswick-Kearney.
Found was a 4-H member in Durham East 4-H Association for 13 years and has been a leader and volunteer for the past 15 years since he graduated as a member. During his time as a member he completed over 50 projects including sheep, field crops, farm machinery and various life skills projects.
“4-H for me has made me who I am today,” says Found. “It has given me the confidence to get up and speak in front of people, it gave me the skills to be a better critical thinker and problem solver and it allowed me to broaden my network of contacts across the province.”
Found decided to run for President in order to give something back to an organization, which he has received so much from. Moving forward he believes 4-H has a strong footing, which can be attributed to a great staff team delivering program materials to thousands of volunteers across Ontario and also to the board of directors who have a vast array of knowledge to provide policy direction to the staff team.
“I look forward to strengthening relationships between 4-H and Junior Farmers to benefit both organizations into the future,” he says. “Many hands make light work.”
Brad brings a strong background of experience in parliamentary procedure and effective board procedures, as well as knowledge of finance from being the Chair of the Ontario 4-H Council Board Finance Committee since 2015.
Past Board Experience
- Ontario 4-H Council Vice-President from March 2015-March 2017
- Served as a Director at Large during second year on the Board
- Member of local 4-H Association Board holding past positions of Vice President, President, Association Representative (AR) and currently holding positions as President and AR
- Active member of Durham East Junior Farmers, holding all board positions
- Held Provincial Director role from 2001-2009 on the Junior Farmers Association of Ontario (JFAO)
- Member of JFAO Provincial Executive from 2005-2009
- Held positions including Director of Marketing (2005-2007), Director of Finance (2007), President (2008)
Past Volunteer Experience
- Active member of the Orono Agricultural Society, currently Past President of the Board
- Member of Durham Regional Federation of Agriculture, currently Policy Advisory Council member
- Go For The Gold Coach of Durham East 4-H Association (Regional and Provincial competitions)
For more information please contact:
Ryan Métivier, Coordinator, Communications, 4-H Ontario
519.856.0992 x465, digital@4-HOntario.ca
Back to Press Release Listing