CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Programs Assistant
For over a century, 4-H Ontario has been working to build youth as leaders within their communities and assets to the world. 4-H Ontario is a positive youth development organization with roots in rural Ontario and today is open to all youth across the province of all backgrounds. In 4-H youth ages 6–21 and screened, trained volunteer leaders come together to learn about selected topics through fun hands-on activities and mentorship. There are also provincial camps, conferences, competitions, national and international travel opportunities available to further develop skills in leadership, business, self-confidence and more. 4-H provides youth with a place they can be involved, accepted, valued and heard while developing valuable leadership and life skills.
4-H Ontario is looking for a contract part-time Programs Assistant to start September 1, 2020 for 16 weeks, with the possibility of extension. This position will primarily work remotely and report to the Senior Manager, Programming and assist in the creation, coordination and development of 4-H Ontario’s provincial programming initiatives.
As a member of the Programming Team you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining concise, detailed written documentation of activities/events assigned
- Supporting the Online Explore 4-H Project and the Cloverbud At Home experiences
- Developing program curriculum for provincial programs, with guidance of the Senior Manager Programming
- Supporting the creation of virtual programs and experiences
- Assisting with evaluation tabulation, summary and analyzation of data
- Facilitating 4-H member focus groups, as required
- Provide logistical/administrative support, as required
To be successful in this role, you are a self-motivated individual whose background includes:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven recreation and leadership skills with contagious enthusiasm
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and coordinating events
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and internet
- Good listening and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member as well as with minimal supervision
- Experience and knowledgeable about the 4-H Ontario programs
- Must be willing to be screened according to 4-H Ontario policy
- Experience and/or knowledge of other community youth programming is an asset
- First Aid Certification is an asset
Expensive use of a computer is essential in preparing programming materials which involves sitting for long periods. Hours outside of standard working hours and occasional travel may be required from time to time.
Application deadline: August 19, 2020
Apply to: Human Resources – email@example.com
4-H Ontario is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity of applicants.
This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program 2020 – EDSC and is dependent on receipt of funding
More Information here: