Looking for a fun activity to share this holiday season?
DIY Yarn Santa Hats are a FUN and FESTIVE homemade holiday gift idea or decoration for the tree! A big thank you to Easy Peasy and Fun for the idea and photos.
You will need:
- Toilet Paper rolls
- Tissue paper
NOW, LET’S GET CRAFTY!
- Start by cutting yarn into threads. You’ll need a lot of threads — all with equal length (the length depends on the width of your paper roll).
- Next, cut the paper roll, you only need a thin “ring”.
- Then, “fold” the yarn thread in half and push the “loop” side through the paper roll.
- Now, take the other end and “fold” it over the paper roll and into the loop. Pull to get a knot.
- 5. Rinse and repeat until you have all the paper roll covered with yarn.
- 6. Once all is covered you will need to push the yarn through the paper roll (The easiest way to do that is to “twist” all threads and just push them through).
- 7. Next, roll a small ball out of tissue paper. Push it into the paper roll (this will help you get the perfect hat shape and keep the yarn in place).
- 8. Now, all that is left to do is to tie a knot around the threads to get a nice hat shape. Then, trim the ends to get a nicer shape.
AND THAT’S IT! ENJOY YOUR MINI HOLIDAY HATS.
Share your Mini Yarn Santa Hats with us on social media!