Through various sponsorship partners, 4-H Ontario is able to offer several grants to support 4-H’ers across the province.
Check out these tips for writing grant applications:
- READ the application form and guidelines completely and identify both your priorities and the application’s priorities.
- Review grant requirements thoroughly to ensure your applications follows the correct guidelines (word count, submission deadline, etc.)
- Do a preliminary guidelines check to ensure you are eligible for the grant.
- Be concise – keep words, sentences and paragraphs short.
- Develop a budget and use it as a planning tool in the narrative (it helps you outline activities involved in your project).
- Remember to ‘spell-check’.
- Always keep a copy of the final proposal package for reference (including all required attachments).
For 4-H Ontario Volunteers
Deadline: April 10, 2020
Hold your very own 4-H Day Camp! This is a new grant with the purpose of introducing non-Members to the 4-H Ontario organization.
As 4-H Ontario pursues its goal to attract more non-traditional audiences, we’re excited to introduce a Day Camp to engage youth on their days off school.
The intent of the Day Camp is to introduce previously uninvolved youth to 4-H and everything it has to offer.
A grant of $500 will provide support to 4-H Volunteers who want to hold a Day Camp during youth’s time off school (such as PD Days, Christmas Break, March Break, etc.). Day Camps are typically offered to youth ages 6-12 (or any range within this age group).
Learn more about the Day Camp Grant
This grant is made possible through the generous support of Beef Farmers of Ontario.
A $400 grant is available for your Local 4-H Association
We are excited that we can once again provide our Local Associations with additional funding through the 2021 Ontario Mutuals (OMIA) Grant Program! Through the Ontario Mutuals program, your local 4-H Association will have the opportunity to apply for a grant of $400 to support a local project or initiative. This is a special one-time increase to $400 in 2021. Our hope is that this financial support from Ontario Mutuals will enable you to provide a new project innovation and/or enhance an existing program.
In order to to be eligible for this grant, please complete the application form no later than Thursday, November 30, 2021. Funds will be dispersed by electronic transfer to your local Association bank account only after we receive a final report outlining the actual cost of the initiative along with the receipts. Final reports and receipts must be submitted prior to December 31st.
This is a two-step process that requires the following commitment from you to receive your funding accordingly.
You will need the following information to complete the application form:
- Project/Program description
- Total # of members, volunteers and leaders this project will impact
- Date, time & location (address included) of Project/Program
- How you will acknowledge and recognize your local Farm Mutual
After you have completed the Project/Program Initiative, submit a final report of the actual costs along with the receipts to get reimbursed.
As in-person activities are suspended, here are some examples of how the funds can be used until in-person activities can resume:
- Branding of materials to meet 4-H Ontario branding standards
- Advertising to recruit new members
- Purchasing of virtual platforms
- Support groups to help youth and volunteers during these challenging times
- Virtual Resources
- Fabric banner and other portable signage to promote clubs
- Achievement program for livestock clubs
- Club secretary book program, for members to learn to write minutes and teach importance of parliamentary procedures and good governance
- Development of a new local initiated club, like a Chocolate or Cake Decorating Club and use funds to purchase supplies online
- Member costs to attend 4-H provincial opportunities/camps/memberships
Application:2021_4-H-Ontario-OMIA-Program_.pdf (85 downloads)
Please forward your OMIA grant application to the Attention of Dale Roberts, Manager, Finance at 4-H Ontario either by mail or email to 111 Main Street North, PO Box 212, Rockwood, Ontario, N3C 4P2, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further inquiries, please contact Dale at 1.877.410.6748 x 467. Thank you for your continued service to our 4-H youth!