Through various sponsorship partners, 4-H Ontario is able to offer several grants to support 4-H’ers across the province.
Check out these tips for writing grant applications:
- READ the application form and guidelines completely and identify both your priorities and the application’s priorities.
- Review grant requirements thoroughly to ensure your applications follows the correct guidelines (word count, submission deadline, etc.)
- Do a preliminary guidelines check to ensure you are eligible for the grant.
- Be concise – keep words, sentences and paragraphs short.
- Develop a budget and use it as a planning tool in the narrative (it helps you outline activities involved in your project).
- Remember to ‘spell-check’.
- Always keep a copy of the final proposal package for reference (including all required attachments).
For 4-H Ontario Volunteers
Deadline: April 10, 2020
Hold your very own 4-H Day Camp! This is a new grant with the purpose of introducing non-Members to the 4-H Ontario organization.
As 4-H Ontario pursues its goal to attract more non-traditional audiences, we’re excited to introduce a Day Camp to engage youth on their days off school.
The intent of the Day Camp is to introduce previously uninvolved youth to 4-H and everything it has to offer.
A grant of $500 will provide support to 4-H Volunteers who want to hold a Day Camp during youth’s time off school (such as PD Days, Christmas Break, March Break, etc.). Day Camps are typically offered to youth ages 6-12 (or any range within this age group).
Learn more about the Day Camp Grant
This grant is made possible through the generous support of Beef Farmers of Ontario.
For 4-H Ontario Associations
Deadline: October 31, 2019
Launch a new project within your Association or enhance an existing one with help from Ontario Mutuals.
Do you have an idea for a new Club Project that would be a hit with our youth? Or perhaps an existing project could use a little boost.
Through the Ontario Mutuals Grant, each 4-H Association has the opportunity to apply for a grant of $250 to support a local project.
Some examples of events funded last year include:
- Hosting the Annual Awards Banquet
- T-shirts and sweatshirts for use at Regional events
- Fabric banner and other portable signage to promote clubs at events/fundraisers
- Hosting County Judging Day at a local farm, including awards
- Achievement program for livestock clubs
- Club secretary book program, in order for members to learn to write minutes and teach the importance of parliamentary procedures and good governance
- Development of a new Chocolate Club and Cake Decorating Club
- Member costs to attend 4-H provincial opportunities/camps
To apply, please have your Association complete the application form below no later than Tuesday, October 31, 2019. Funds will be dispersed by electronic transfer to your local Association bank account.
Please send your Ontario Mutuals Grant application to:
Dale Roberts, Manager, Finance
111 Main Street North, PO Box 212, Rockwood, Ontario, N3C 4P2
For further inquiries, please contact Dale at 1-877-410-6748 x 467. Thank you for your continued service to our youth!
4-H Ontario is grateful and appreciative of the annual sponsorship funding we receive from Ontario Mutuals. In order to receive this grant, Ontario Mutuals requires 4-H Ontario Associations to report how the funds are being spent.