Through various sponsorship partners, 4-H Ontario is able to offer several grants to support 4-H’ers across the province.
Check out these tips for writing grant applications:
- READ the application form and guidelines completely and identify both your priorities and the application’s priorities.
- Review grant requirements thoroughly to ensure your applications follows the correct guidelines (word count, submission deadline, etc.)
- Do a preliminary guidelines check to ensure you are eligible for the grant.
- Be concise – keep words, sentences and paragraphs short.
- Develop a budget and use it as a planning tool in the narrative (it helps you outline activities involved in your project).
- Remember to ‘spell-check’.
- Always keep a copy of the final proposal package for reference (including all required attachments).
We are excited that 4-H Ontario can once again provide our Local Associations with additional funding through the 2022 Ontario Mutuals Grant Program! Through this program, your 4-H Association will have the opportunity to apply for a grant of $250.00 to support a local project or initiative. Our hope is that this financial support from Ontario Mutuals will enable you to provide a new project innovation and/or enhance an existing program.
- Agency/Funding Agreement form must be completed and submitted to 4-H Ontario
- Final Report to be submitted
- Association must be in good standing.
- Associations may only submit one application per year. If you are a club leader wishing to apply for funding for your club, please connect with your local association for approval before you submit an application.
- Please complete the application form below no later than November 30, 2022.
- Portion of funds dispersed upon completion and submission of Agency/Funding Agreement
- Remaining Funds dispersed upon completion of final report along with receipts
- Final report should contain
- Updated budget showing actual costs
- Any other relevant information such as meeting minutes
- Indicate how Ontario Mutual was recognized
Examples of activities eligible for funding:
- Purchasing of virtual platforms
- Development of new and existing activity/initiative
- Costs associated with events
- Fabric banner and other portable signage to promote clubs
- Achievement program for livestock clubs
- Club secretary book program
- Member costs to attend 4-H provincial opportunities/camps/memberships
We are no longer accepting applications for 2022. Thank you to those who applied. Please ensure you complete the Funding Agreement or Agency Agreement and the Final Report by December 31, 2022 to receive your funds.
Funding Agreement (Charities)/Agency Agreement (Non-Charities) – Please see links above under Eligibility. Your agreement can be submitted as part of the final report below.
Please note: If you ordered a second banner through 4-H Ontario’s banner program in May 2022, you are still eligible to apply for funding up to a maximum of $80.00.
For further inquiries, please contact Patricia at 1.877.410.6748 x 4670. Thank you for your continued service to our 4-H youth!