Turning Youth into Well-Rounded Adults
For over a century, 4-H Ontario has built youth into leaders in their communities and positive contributors to the world. With roots in rural Ontario, 4-H Ontario is open to all youth across the province.
4-H brings together youth aged 6-21 and passionate, engaged volunteer leaders to learn about selected topics through fun, hands-on activities and mentorship. There are also provincial camps, conferences, competitions and national and international travel opportunities available.
In 4-H, youth find a place they can be involved, accepted, valued and heard while developing valuable life skills in leadership, business, self-confidence and more.
The 4-H Pledge
I pledge my Head to clearer thinking,
my Heart to greater loyalty,
my Hands to larger service,
my Health to better living
for my club, my community, my country and my world.
The 4-H Motto
The 4-H Vision
In 4-H Ontario, youth become contributing citizens who impact positive change in our communities.
We’re proud to influence the following areas:
- Learn skills
- Leadership, meeting management, public speaking, responsibility, mentoring, critical thinking/problem solving
- Gain valuable experience
- Come together with other youth, leaders, communities, mentors, volunteers, friends
- Increase their personal resources
- Networking, seeing the big picture, education, job opportunities, community service/volunteer experience
- Increasingly involved in the community because of their children’s involvement
- Learn leadership skills from observing and participating with their children and volunteers
- Network with other parents
- Feel pride when youth succeed
- Learn skills from youth (such as technology)
- See positive outcomes for both the youth and the volunteer
- Greater appreciation and understanding of community
- When the community works together, more is connected
- Higher quality meetings due to parliamentary procedure
- Youth see more opportunities for employment