Turning Youth into Well-Rounded Adults
4-H Ontario is a non-profit organization that supports young people in becoming leaders within their communities and assets to the world. With roots in rural Ontario, today 4-H is available across the province. 4-H youth ages 6–21 and volunteer leaders come together to learn about selected topics through fun, hands-on activities, and mentorship. There are also provincial camps, conferences, competitions and national and international travel opportunities available to further develop skills in leadership, professional development, resilience and more. 4-H is passionate about preparing young people for the future and showing them that with the right skills and attitude, anything is possible.
4-H Ontario is looking for a contract full-time Community Engagement & Communications Assistant for a 6 month contract position, primarily remote with possible in person meetings at the 4-H Ontario office in Rockwood, Ontario. In this role you will be working with the Manager, Communications in the creation, coordination and development of 4-H Ontario’s marketing and communication and youth inclusion and diversity discovery initiatives.
This role is funded in part by Canada Summer Jobs which requires the applicant to be under 30 years of age.
As a member of the 4-H Ontario Communications Team you will be responsible for:
- Social/Digital media management, content creation, and monitoring (Hootsuite, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Mailchimp)
- Recording and Editing of the 4-H Ontario podcast 4 your Information
- Gathering and writing local stories, testimonials or events from volunteers and members
- Preparing press releases
- Working with 4-H Ontario youth on the formation of a discovery committee exploring the topics of inclusion and diversity within 4-H.
- Graphic design and content creation for business-related communication materials, website,
- E-newsletters and other communication pieces. (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Content and user management of the 4-H Ontario website and blog (WordPress)
- Liaising with vendors and media outlets, reporting on 4-H Ontario events and initiatives
To be successful in this role, you are a self-motivated individual whose background includes:
- Superior communication skills, written, oral and presentation skills are mandatory.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills with the ability to assist in the development of new content for various communication materials.
- Experience working with the community and speaking about issues relating to diversity & inclusion.
- Experience with web/ content management/ content writing.
- Maturity, diplomacy, and tact in interactions with stakeholders.
- Previous experience marketing youth programs or non-profit communications is an asset.
- Superior organizational skills
- Post-secondary education, college or university level in communications, marketing and/or graphic design or equivalent experience
- 1+ year’s work experience in communications, marketing and/or graphic design
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of the agriculture sector and 4-H an asset
Extensive use of a computer is essential in preparing communication materials which involves sitting for long periods. Hours of work may exceed standard working hours from time-to-time. Occasional travel is required.
Apply to: Human Resources
4-H is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants
4-H Canada Inclusion Statement: 4-H in Canada is open to all without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or, mental or physical disability. 4-H is dedicated to providing a safe and inclusive environment that allows for universal access and participation
We thank you in advance for your application and only those selected for interview will be contacted.