Turning Youth into Well-Rounded Adults
4-H Ontario is a non-profit organization that supports young people in becoming leaders within their communities and assets to the world. With roots in rural Ontario, today 4-H is available across the province. 4-H youth ages 6–21 and volunteer leaders come together to learn about selected topics through fun, hands-on activities, and mentorship. There are also provincial camps, conferences, competitions and national and international travel opportunities available to further develop skills in leadership, professional development, resilience and more. 4-H is passionate about preparing young people for the future and showing them that with the right skills and attitude, anything is possible.
4-H Ontario is looking for a contract full-time Community Engagement & Communications Assistant, combination of remote and in person work at the 4-H Ontario office in Rockwood, Ontario. In this role you will be working with the Manager, Communications in the creation, coordination and development of 4-H Ontario’s marketing and communication and youth inclusion and diversity discovery initiatives. This role is funded in part by Canada Summer Jobs which requires the applicant to be under age 30.
As a member of the 4-H Ontario Communications Team you will be responsible for:
- Social/Digital media management, content creation, and monitoring (Hootsuite, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Mailchimp)
- Assisting with 4-H Ontario podcast 4 your Information
- Gathering and writing local stories, testimonials or events from volunteers and members
- Assisting with media communications including press releases and media monitoring
- Working with 4-H Ontario youth on a discovery committee exploring inclusion and diversity at 4-H
- Graphic design and content creation for business-related communication materials, website, e-newsletters and other communication pieces. (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Content and user management of the 4-H Ontario website and blog (WordPress)
- Liaising with vendors and media outlets, reporting on 4-H Ontario events and initiatives
To be successful in this role, you are a self-motivated individual whose background includes:
- Superior communication skills, written, oral and presentation skills are mandatory
- Strong research, writing and editing skills with the ability to assist in the development of new content
- Experience working with the community and speaking about issues relating to diversity & inclusion
- Experience with content creation and social media management
- Maturity, diplomacy, and tact in interactions with stakeholders
- Previous experience marketing youth programs or non-profit communications is an asset.
- Post-secondary education, in communications, marketing and/or graphic design or equivalent experience
- 1+ year’s work experience in communications, marketing and/or graphic design
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of the agriculture sector and 4-H an asset
Extensive use of a computer is essential in preparing communication materials which involves sitting for long periods. Hours of work may exceed standard working hours from time-to-time. Occasional travel is required.
Apply to: Human Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2021
4-H in Canada is open to all without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or, mental or physical disability. 4-H is dedicated to providing a safe and inclusive environment that allows for universal access and participation