Members will learn:
- The ins and outs of dairy farming
- How to house, care for and clip their 4-H Calf
- How to lead and show a Calf
- How to judge a cow and give reasons
- To work as a team
- Any new topics the 4-H members are interested in that relates to the Dairy industry
If a 4-H member does not have access to a calf, a leader will make arrangements to ensure the member finds a calf.
Achievement day will be held at the Aylmer Fair Grounds in August.
Dairy: it’s more than milk! This project will teach you the ins and outs of a successful dairy operation, covering the basics like animal care, plus the latest dairy farming tools and practices.View Project Manual
Elgin 4-H Association
We are a proud group of volunteers dedicated to providing the 4-H program to youth in Elgin.View Association