Due to its physical nature, agriculture is one of the most hazardous jobs in Ontario. Recognizing potentially dangerous situations, taking steps to eliminate the risks and learning what to do if a rescue is needed are crucial skills when working on a farm.
In this project, you’ll learn how to:
- Identify areas where farm safety is a top priority
- Recognize and eliminate potential hazards
- React properly in case of emergency
- Use a buddy in a rescue situation
- Alert others to potential hazards with proper warning signs
Sustainable Agriculture & Food Security
Did you know?
There are three different kinds of pesticides: 1. Fungicides 2. Herbicides 3. Insecticides. Learn about all elements of safe farming in this fun 4-H project!