Birdwatching skills are skills that last a lifetime. Be the hit of a family hike, a walk to the store with friends or simply relax in your backyard and wait for these beautiful creatures to appear.
We’ll teach you about their habits and life cycle as well as how to identify them, all while staying safe exploring nature. Let’s discover the world of birds!
In this project, you’ll learn:
- How to distinguish different types of birds
- The basics of birds, their habitats and their biology/ecology
- The role birds play in the ecosystem
- How to make a plan before going out birdwatching
- How to explore nature safely and responsibly
The Environment & Healthy Living
Stop, Look & Listen
The great thing about birdwatching is that you can do it anytime and anywhere! Just stop, look and listen. Find out all the birdwatching tips and tricks in this 4-H project.