Whether you currently own a dog or plan to in the future, the Canine Project will teach you the skills you need to raise a happy and healthy pup! Topics covered include housing, grooming, how the canine body works, nutrition, training tips and much more.
In this project, you’ll learn:
- The history of dogs
- How to safely work with and around dogs
- Proper canine welfare and related health issues
- How to understand canine behaviour
- Helpful facts about obedience training, agility and other performance events
- Info about careers related to dogs and for dogs
The Environment & Healthy Living
Did you know?
Dogs were the first animals to be domesticated by humans, history suggests about 12,000 to 15,000 years ago. Learn all you need to know about this fun loving pet in this 4-H project!