Before you can work on a farm, you must understand the many hazards involved. Divided into several sections, this project covers a variety of farm safety related categories, including animal handling, chemicals and gases, farm machinery safety, personal health, fitness & farming, tractor safety and more.
In this project, you’ll learn:
- How to work safely in extreme temperatures
- How to create a fire escape plan
- When to use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safety tips specific to common farm machinery
- How to work with septic systems, chemicals and pesticides
Sustainable Agriculture & Food Security
Protect Number One!
Find out how you can practice excellent farm safety in all environments through this fun 4-H project!