Unearth gardening on any scale in the Let’s Get Growing Project. From a large garden or field in the country, to a garden in your backyard, to a planter box on a balcony – we’ll show you how to make the most of your space any time of year.
In this project, you’ll learn:
- How to make a plan for your garden based on its soil, light and water
- How to build a variety of garden structures
- The benefits of and ingredients needed for compost
- How to produce a wide variety of healthy seedlings
- How to trim and prune your plants, plus the basics of pollination and diseases
The Environment & Healthy Living
Not sure where to build a garden with the space you have? Not to worry! Gardens can be built in many forms including raised beds, rows, square foot gardens, hanging gardens and more. Learn about building your own garden with this 4-H project!