The art and skill of landscaping has been around since 1800 BCE when wealthy ancient Egyptians wanted formal gardens at their estates. A lot has changed since then and now anyone can turn their large or small space into a thing of beauty.
This project has lots of opportunity to be creative. You’ll learn about the plant’s role in landscape and develop basic design skills while working with your hands!
In this project, you’ll:
- Explore why people landscape and what materials can be used
- Learn to identify areas in the landscape that need improvement
- Become familiar with a range of woody and herbaceous plants
- Learn how to care for plants and flowers
- Learn how to use a nursery catalogue
The Environment & Healthy Living
How can you protect a newly transplanted annual or perennial?
With an inverted pot or other shaded material. Learn more in this 4-H project!