How much do you really know about the machines we use every day? Learning how engines work as well as their maintenance will help you not only use them, but appreciate them!
Let’s take a closer look and get you on your way to a successful career or hobby using small but mighty machines.
In this project, you’ll learn:
- The history, function and combustion of small engines
- General shop safety and safety around engines
- Engine care, handling and troubleshooting
- How to clean and maintain an engine
- The basics of spark plugs, carburetors and batteries
Science & Technology
There are four parts of the combustion cycle that must happen in order for an engine to run continuously – 1) Intake 2) Compression 3) Power 4) Exhaust. Learn all there is to know about small but mighty engines through this small engines project!