Woodworking is as old as human civilization itself and as useful as ever! Learn how to use saws, clamps, drills and more as you practice new skills and build your own items. All you need to bring is your creativity!
Two project levels are offered – one for beginners and one for the more experienced.
In this project, you’ll:
- Gain experience working with a large variety of tools
- Practice proper woodworking safety
- Learn the difference between hardwoods and softwoods and their uses
- Learn skills in cutting, sanding and finishing
- Build your own masterpiece, like a bird feeder, toy truck or musical instrument
The Environment & Healthy Living
There are different nails for different jobs. These nails include: common nail, box nail, finishing nail, brad nail, ring drive nail, roofing nail and a tack nail. Learn about the purpose of each of these nails in the 4-H woodworking project!