Let’s have fun with two delicious, protein-rich foods. They’re great for creating tasty, healthy, quick and inexpensive meals and we bet they can be used in more ways than you realize.
We’ll follow the chicken and egg as they cross the road from farm to store and you’ll experience first-hand the role eggs play in your food.
In this project, you’ll learn:
- How to carve and debone a chicken
- Proper storage and preparation of chicken and eggs
- The many functions of eggs in cooking
- How chicken and eggs get from the farm to grocery stores
- Dozens of recipes you can show off to family and friends
Sustainable Agriculture & Food Security
Have you ever worried about cracking open an egg and finding a chick? Not to worry, it’s unlikely to happen. For a chick to develop, the egg must be fertilized by a rooster! Have all your chicken and egg questions answered in this 4-H project.